Under the scheme “Support for research and development of enterprises and organizations for research and dissemination of knowledge”
The application period is from 17.08.2020 to 17:30 on 17.09.2020.
The main goal of the National Innovation Fund is: Encouraging research and development to increase the competitiveness of enterprises.
The prime objective of the Fund is: To encourage the implementation of research and development projects initiated and implemented in enterprises in order to develop new or improved products, processes, or services aimed at enhancing economic efficiency, increasing the innovative potential and technological level of enterprises, increasing private investment for them, increasing the dynamics of innovation processes.
The maximum value of the grant is up to BGN 500,000.
The maximum term for the realization of the research and development project is up to 18 months.
The aid intensity is calculated on the basis of the eligible costs of the project and must not exceed:
- 50% – for industrial research / from TRL 3 to TRL 5;
- 25% – for experimental development / from TRL 6 to TRL 7;
Aid intensities for industrial research and experimental development may be increased to 80% of eligible costs as follows:
- by 10% for medium-sized enterprises;
- by 20% for micro / small enterprises;
- by 15% if one of the following conditions is met:
- The project involves effective cooperation between enterprises involving at least one SME or is carried out in at least two Member States or in a Member State and a contracting party to the EEA Agreement, and none of enterprise bears more than 70% of eligible costs
- The project involves effective cooperation between one company and one or more research and dissemination organizations, which covers at least 10% of the eligible costs and has the right to publish the results of its own research. The maximum aid intensity is: 80% of the eligible costs.
Eligible candidate for funding under a competitive session of the NIF under the scheme is an enterprise – a trader registered in Bulgaria within the meaning of the Commercial Law or an equivalent person within the meaning of the legislation of a Member State of the European Union;
An eligible partner for the implementation of a project under the scheme can be an enterprise – trader within the meaning of the Commercial Law or an equivalent person within the meaning of the legislation of a Member State of the European Union and / or an organization for research and dissemination of knowledge from a Member State of the European Union. The research and dissemination organization should have a legal entity status;
The thematic areas within which the prepared research and development projects should fall, and which will be financed by the Fund are:
1.Informatics and ICT;
2.Mechatronics and pure technologies;
3.Healthy Living Industry and Biotechnology;
4.New technologies in the creative and recreational industries.