The Managing Authority of the Operational Program “Innovation and Competitiveness” 2014-2020 (MA of OPIC) announced for public discussion a procedure for selection of projects “Support for medium-sized enterprises to overcome the economic consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic” under Priority Axis 2 “Entrepreneurship and SME growth capacity ”of the operational program. Bulgarian medium-sized enterprises to deal with the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic. The expected results of the support under the procedure are to achieve a positive effect on medium-sized enterprises in overcoming the economic consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic and job stability.
The total amount of the grant under the procedure is EUR 79 761 533.47 / BGN 156 000 000.
The minimum amount of the requested grant for a project is BGN 30 000, and the maximum amount is BGN 100 000.
The maximum aid intensity under the procedure is 100%.
1) Only applicants who are traders registered in accordance with the Commercial Act or the Cooperatives Act are eligible under this project selection procedure. Branches of legal entities registered in Bulgaria cannot participate in the project selection procedure due to the lack of independent legal personality.
2) Only applicants registered before January 1, 2019 are eligible under the current project selection procedure.
3) Eligible under this procedure for the selection of projects are only applicants who meet the requirements for medium-sized enterprise under SMEA.
4) Applicants should have generated net sales revenues for 2019 in the amount of at least BGN 3 000 000, but not more than BGN 50 000 000.
5) Applicants may participate in the project selection procedure and receive a grant if they are not ineligible applicants under the demarcation line with other EU-funded plans and programs.
6) Applicants who have registered a decrease of at least 20% in turnover (net sales revenue) for one of the calendar months in the period from 01.02.2020 to the month preceding the month of application compared to the average monthly turnover (net sales revenue) in 2019.
The applicant should select one of these calendar months and indicate the net sales revenue realized through it in the Declaration of Financial Data.
7) As of December 31, 2019, the applicant company is not in difficulty, but the applicant has experienced difficulties after that date as a result of the COVID-19 epidemic.
The following types of costs are eligible under the procedure:
Costs needed to address the shortfall or lack of liquidity resulting from the COVID-19 epidemic, as follows:
– Costs for the purchase of raw materials and consumables intended for use in the activity for the purpose of production or services;
– External service costs (including overheads);
– Personnel costs (including gross salary costs and costs for social security and health contributions at the expense of the employer).
Remuneration costs are eligible for staff employed under an employment contract or under a management and control contract.
The amount of expenses (including social security and health contributions at the expense of the employer) in respect of remuneration under management and control contracts must not exceed BGN 2 000 per month.
The project proposals under this procedure are submitted entirely electronically through UMIS 2020 to the following Internet address: https://eumis2020.government.bg.
 The average monthly turnover (net sales revenue) for 2019 is calculated by dividing the value of the “net sales revenue” of the Annual Tax Return (GTD) for 2019 by 12.
 Eligible costs for personnel whose legal relationship with the employer arose before the date of declaration of the state of emergency – 13.03.2020